As your pregnancy progresses, your body and the health of your unborn child become two paramount issues in your life.
While pregnancy is a blessing, it can bring a level of stress, anxiety, and pain that threaten to overwhelm you—and cause you to miss out on the joys of this experience.
Soulshine Chiropractic’s gentle touch method and the expert application of the Webster Technique reduces the pressure often placed on the sciatica nerve.
As this pain and tension leave your body, they’ll be replaced by feelings of balance, comfort, and peace. You’ll enjoy this precious time and reflect back on your Webster pregnancy with warm, pleasant memories.
In the Mother:
- Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in the pelvic bones, muscles and ligaments.
- Removes torsion of the ligaments that support the uterus, thus potentially reducing aberrant tension to the uterus.
- Reduces interference to the mother’s vital nerve system, which controls and coordinates all her systems and functions.
- By improving maternal function we decrease the potential for unnecessary intervention.
In the Infant:
- Reduces interference to the mother’s nerve system allowing for better fetal development.
- Pelvic balance allows the baby greater room to develop without restrictions the formation of cranium, spine and other skeletal structures.
- Offers the baby the room it needs to move into the best possible position for birth.
- With proper fetal positioning, there is a significant decrease in dystocia (stalled labor) and the resulting birth trauma caused by intervention.
The Webster Technique
The Webster Technique—formerly known as the Webster Baby Turning Technique—was created by Dr. Larry Webster to relieve the causes of intrauterine constraint, defined as external forces that keep the fetus from moving normally.
The technique is a specific chiropractic analysis and adjustment, which reduces nerve system stress and detects. It also corrects subluxation and/or SI joint dysfunction and biomechanical function. Improving pelvic neuro-biomechanical function is the ultimate goal of the Webster Technique.
The theoretical and clinical framework of the Webster Technique in the care of pregnant women is that sacral subluxation may contribute to difficult labor for the mother, which is known as dystocia.
Dystocia is caused by inadequate uterine function, pelvic contraction, and baby mal-presentation. The correction of sacral subluxation may have a positive effect on all of these causes of dystocia.
In this clinical and theoretical framework, it is proposed that sacral misalignment may contribute to these three primary causes of dystocia via uterine nerve interference, pelvic misalignment, and the tightening and torsion of specific pelvic muscles and ligaments.
The resulting tense muscles and their ligaments, along with their aberrant effect on the uterus, may prevent the baby from comfortably assuming the pest possible position for birth. This condition may prevent the fetus from assuming a head down position and require a caesarean delivery.
When she performs the Webster Technique, Dr. Lara will analyze the relationship of the bones of the pelvis and then apply a light force chiropractic adjustment of the sacrum. Next, she will provide relief of specific abdominal muscles, which may be tense, or in a state of spasm.
Once the technique has been applied, both mother and fetus feel more relaxed, at ease with themselves, and peaceful. With Webster, back pain becomes a distant memory.
After your child has been born, visit Soulshine for additional adjustments to help ease your body back to normal. As your newborn develops and experiences the challenges of crawling and walking, Dr. Lara can help relieve the tension and stress associated with these new motions.
For more information, please reach out to us at (718) 832-7390 or email email@example.com.